Apply Yourself to Purpose
Apply: give one’s full attention to a task, or work hard.
Synonyms: Diligent industrious, commitment, exert oneself, study hard, do one’s best, strive, pay attention be attentive.
The question is are you applying yourself to Purpose?
YES OR NO???????
Six questions test to help with that answer:
- Are you giving full attention to Purpose?
- Are you working hard, Purposely?
- Are diligent in your Purpose?
- Are you committed to Purpose?
- Are you doing your best in your Purpose?
- Do you even know what you are Purpose is ?
Purpose is what you are meant to do. What you are created for. Why you are placed in earth. I LOVE Jesus. He gives us the perfect example of knowing purpose. In John 10, he has an extensive conversation with the Pharisees and he tells them that the thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy, but I have come you may have life, and have life more abundantly. Come on Jesus! He goes on to say I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
Jesus knew who He was and what he was purposed to do? So just as Jesus knew, we must know our and purpose and carry it out.
Tips on Applying Yourself to Purpose:
1. Know your purpose: Know what you are here to do. You already know you are a child of God, mother/father sister, brother or what have you. What is that hidden treasure that God has placed on the inside of you that benefits others. If you don’t know or unsure, my first response or suggestion is to ask God what your purpose is.
Keys to finding purpose:
– What are you naturally good at. Things other people have constantly said you were good at.
– What is something you do with ease.
– What do you wake up or go to sleep thinking about
– What would you do for others without compensation?
2. Commit to Purpose: Make an agreement with yourself that you will walk in purpose. Sometimes we don’t stay committed to purpose because of varying perspectives, we may feel unsupported, we may feel rejected, or it may be hard, we may have failed, or someone may have spoke negatively to you or about you or whatever the case may be.
If you are purposed to a do thing, you can not stop at the point difficult circumstances.
3. Apply Yourself to Purple: Give attention to it, FOCUS. Become UNDISTRACTED! Give heed to being disciplined, consistent, and evolving. To continue to work hard, train and study. Continue to learn and give back.
I close with this Apostle Matthew Stevenson said, “Master What You Love”.