Before I became a vegan admittedly broccoli was not my favorite food. But now, I must confess, I LOVE IT! This is one of those recipes I cook weekly. It is also husband and kid approved! Above all broccoli is super, super healthy. I topped the recipe with my cheeze sauce which features potatoes, carrots, and celery.
As always I like to highlight some benefits of the recipe. A couple of health benefits I love about broccoli.
- Hair: helps produce shiny, thick, hair
- Reduces Allergies: You need this the seasons are changing. Broccoli reduces the pollution in your body and helps reduce allergic reaction
- Anti-Flammatory: reduces chances of cancer and heart attack
- Anti-Aging: We all want to look like we are 21 years old
- Detoxifies: Helps your body get rid of the bad stuff
- Boost Immunity: Keeps your body going at it finest.
Vegan Life: Broccoli & Cheeze
- 3 cups broccoli
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 diced potatoes I use gold potatoes.
- 1 cup carrots peeled and diced
- 1 rib celery
- 1/2 cup nutritonal yeast
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
Place 1/3 cup of water and broccoli in pan. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes. (Lightly season with salt and pepper to taste.
Boil potatoes, carrots, and celery for 20-25 minutes
Drain vegetables and place potatoes, carrots, celery, nutritional yeast, water, olive oil, salt, lemon juice, garlic powder, and onion powder in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour sauce over broccoli and serve!