I’m so proud of this dish. This is a recipe I made up by combining leftover ingredients. Vegan or not you will love this it. Pre-vegan I had never ever, had QUINOA…matter of fact I didn’t know how to even pronounce QUINOA. Nevertheless, it is a staple in our household now. Even the kids love it. You know I LOVE stating the benefits of a dish. First and foremost Quinoa is a great source of PROTEIN. This is the number one question I get as baby vegan. “How do you get your protein?”
Another great benefit of quinoa is that it contains iron… yeah you will need that. It also contains fiber, which keeps things flowing like they should. Although quinoa has many more benefits, I will only mention one more here. Quinoa has RIBOFLAVIN (B2) which improves energy metabolism. Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Easy Vegan Quinoa Pasta
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 16 oz can of corn, drained
- 1/2 green peppers finely diced
- 1/2 yellow onion finely diced
- 1 16 oz can of black beans (don't drain)
- 1/2 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- t tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (optional, I just like it)
- 1 cup cooked pasta (I used macoroni noodles)
- 4 slices vegan cheese I use (Follow Your Heart)** optional** (Either Pepperjack or Mozarella is my favorite.)
Add vegetable stock and quinoa saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes until quinoa is soft.
In another pan saute bell peppers and onions until soft.
Remove quinoa from stove and add salsa, corn, beans, spices, bell pepper, onions and pasta, mix well.
Place quiona mixture on stove and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. When most of the water has evaporated, add cheese and serve.