Rachel was born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama. She is a graduate of Samford University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology, followed by a Master Degree in Arts in Higher Education. Her dance roots began at the age of 15 at Dance N2 Destiny Studio, where she studied modern, contemporary, mime & lyrical/liturgical. After her high school graduation, she served as a dance & theatre intern for JCCEO YES Ambassadors Theatre Troupe.
Rachel continued her studies as a non-major at Birmingham Southern College & Samford University taking jazz, tap, contemporary and ballet.
We have had the awesome privilege of working with Rachel. She has such a passion and excellence for Dance! She is definitely a Creative Unstoppable Force!
Rachel has continued her training by attending workshops/conferences such as below:
- Alabama Dance Festival
- Finding Your Voice Within Conference (Atlanta, GA)
- 33rd Annual Dunham International Modern Dance Technique Seminar (St. Louis, Missouri)
- 15th Annual Music & Dance Unto the Lord Conference (Tampa, Florida)
- 29th International Association of Blacks in Dance Conference (Dallas, Texas)
- The Dance Company Experience Winter Dance Intensive (Atlanta, GA)
Rachel is currently serving as the Theatre & Dance Director at a local public high school teaching grades 9-12. Rachel definitely ROCKS!