Praise Dancer's Rock Vegan Life: Vegan Soup
- 2 cups cooked penne pasta
- 1 zuchinni sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 sweet onion sliced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
In a large saucepan, lightly sauté onions for 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and carrots, sauté for another 2 minutes. (Don’t fully sauté.)
- Add vegetable stock, cooked penne, and spinach and cook for 5-7 minutes. Stir well. Cover with lid.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.
Vegan Soups totally should be in your rotation of weekly meals.
Seriously, they are just not for winter or when you get sick. You can add as many or as less veggies as you want. For this soup I kinda just put together what I had at home.
There are a couple of champion veggies in this dish. Spinach, zucchini, carrots, and onions. Some honorable mentions that didn’t make it this round because I didn’t have them, are garlic, squash, potatoes, and celery.
In the spirit of you should eat something green everyday, we will highlight SPINACH! Spinach has a slew of health benefits. I will not list them all, that is what Google is for. I will however highlight some benefits I thought were super awesome.
Benefits of Spinach
- Reduces Blood Pressure: It has folate which does something super scientific which causes it to maintain or reduce your blood pressure.
- Strengthens Muscles: As a dancer, you will definitely need this. Spinach contains Factor C0-Q10. The name makes me feel stronger already.
- Boosts Metabolism: Who doesn’t want to shed a few pounds. Thank you spinach protein for helping me be great!
- Protects Skin: Phytonutrients and pigments help protect against UV rays.
Try this recipe Vegan and Non-Vegans will like it just the same. I like to pair it with some good ol’ buttered toast. I promise it will make you feel all good inside, because it is. Remember you are what you eat.