So one day I had a whole bunch of ingredients left over and I decided to put them together. Tortilla chips married, black beans, married jasmine rice, so on and so forth. After a while I had myself a not to shabby taco salad.
This taco salad is great and gives you tons of energy, if you like that sort of thing. The Kale is a real power house. Pre-vegan I never tasted kale. Post-Vegan I put that stuff on everything!
Just a tad of information on the benefits of Kale:
- High in fiber – translation get your inside moving in the right direction
- Good source of iron – well we all need more iron
- Plenty of antioxidants – the stuff that helps fight cancer and a lot of diseases
- Has a pleuthera of Vitamin A, C, and K – All kinds of good, immune health, lung health, bone health…
- Detox: gets the liver clean
- Calcium filled – hey get that calcium in, your going to need it.
Ok I have come to the conclusion the moral of this post is eat more KALE!
Vegan Taco Salad
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice
- 1 can cooked black beans
- 3 tbsp. salsa of choice
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 cup tortilla chips
Add a good amount of jasmine rice to your bowl.
Add cooked black beans as much as you like.
Add tortilla chips as much as you like.
Add kale…lightly toss taco salad and enjoy