Resist the urge to murmur and complain. It may be a burden God wants you to pray for or take action on. When things don’t play out how we imagine. It is common to complain (express dissatisfaction or annoyance about something) and/or murmur (to express in gesture or give voice to dissatisfaction).
Geesh.. when thing don’t go our way it’s common to complain and/or murmur. Who knew? It’s amazing how many times even today, I have found myself complaining or murmuring about SOMETHING. Matter of fact if I tell the truth, this has been my go to method for disapproval.
1. First complain/murmur about it.
2. Get mad
3. Call or text someone else about the situation.
Wow, what a cycle! It is clear from scripture that God does not want us to complain or murmur. It will only leave you wandering in the wilderness of life. In this season of my life, I happen to not be up for wandering..
So what do you do? Get emotionally intelligent, start to handle situations in an intelligent and responsible way(I made that definition up!). Your response is your responsibility. #responsematter
Keys to Overcome Complaining/Murmuring:
1. RESIST: Resist the urge to murmur and complain. Stop it, Don’t do it, Get self-control over yourself and actions.
– Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7
– We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. II Corinthians 10:5
2. PRAY: Converse with God about what your role is in the situation.
– Does he want you to intercede?
– Does he want you to be apart of the solution? Do you have any ideas to resolve something? (Short interjection: You may be apart of the solution. Voice your thoughts positively! Note: Your solution may not always be received. People rejected Jesus. Proceed decent and in order.)
– Pray continually. I Thessalonians 5:17
3. Communicate: Effective communication is key, especially if others are involved. Do your best to communicate clearly. Shutting down and silent treatments are ineffective methods of conflict resolution, typically leading to the conflict repeating itself, because one’s perspective once not fully understood.
– Listen: Hear & understand someone’s perspective.
– Voice your opinion: Positively voice your opinion and why.
– Agree: Come to some common ground and move forward. if at all possible
– If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. If possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. and do your best to live at peace with everyone. Romans 12:18