So anyone who knows me knows I LOVE CHEESE. Cheese happens to not be all that great. So why is cheese not good for you:
- Some cheese manufacturers use an animal enzyme call rennet which mainly comes from baby calves stomachs , after they have been slaughtered.
- Added Hormones: Cows are given hormones to make them produce more milk. These hormones are passed through to the one that consumes this. Can you say hormone imbalance.
- Poor manufacturing practices: Cows live in bad conditions, they are not feed properly, they are given antibiotics and hormones that make them produce more milk. The milk that humans consume.
- High fat, salt, and calorie found in cheese lead to diseases.
- Cheese has a high amount of bad cholesterol
- Cheesemaker spray on mold!
Ok now to the good part of this post. There is a such thing as VEGAN Cheese. This is kind of quick recipe, not homemade at all. I was totally being lazy when I made this, but hey I got my cheese fix and it’s super good. Stayed tuned for the homemade version for now enjoy the remix of the CHAO Mac N Chao.
Lazy Vegan Mac N Cheeze
- 1 box vegan mac n chao
- 1/2 tomato diced
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8/ tsp pepper
Place vegan mac n chao in oven at 400 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes.
Stir well and cook for another 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and add remaining ingredients. Enjoy!